Staff can look very busy, but this can sometimes be due to them handling additional work they generated themselves due to inefficiencies, lack of training, or no accountability. Examples:
• Lab case not in the office. Patient arrives for appointment.
• Incomplete information in patient charts.
• Incomplete insurance submission.
• Insurance not verified.
• Patient leaves office without an appointment.
• Phone numbers for patient are not correct.
• Appointment not confirmed.
• Delivering more dentistry in the back than was scheduled; front desk not notified.
• Treatment plan sequence not written up.
• Financial arrangements not made.
• Incomplete treatment not followed up on.
• Message taken but not given to the correct person.
• Patient health history not completed
Kevin Tighe, Cambridge Dental Consultants, Senior Consultant, got bitten hard by the business and marketing bug during long summer days working at his dad's Madison Avenue ad agency. After joining Cambridge as a seminarist in the mid-1990s, Kevin went on to become Cambridge’s senior consultant and eventually CEO. Cambridge Dental Consultants is a full-service dental practice management company offering customized dental office manuals. Frustrated? High overhead? Schedule a chat with Kevin at .