The primary reason practices underperform is staff non-compliance, which is a sign of poor leadership. Effective leadership is, in part, achieved by:
1. Having agreement among all your team members.
2. Having those agreements contained in your office policies.
3. Referring staff to the policies when they have questions.
4. Seeing that the policies are fairly enforced.
5. Dismissing those who cannot or will not follow simple, useful policies.
Kevin Tighe, Cambridge Dental Consultants, Senior Consultant, got bitten hard by the business and marketing bug during long summer days working at his dad's Madison Avenue ad agency. After joining Cambridge as a speaker in the mid-1990s, Kevin went on to become Cambridge’s senior consultant and eventually CEO. Cambridge Dental Consultants is a full-service dental practice management company offering customized dental office manuals. Frustrated? High overhead? Schedule a chat with Kevin at