1. Make sure all patients have an appointment when leaving, except those on your "no fly" list.
2. Keep short/ASAP/Will-Call lists.
3. Offer targeted discounts to schedule hard-to-fill time slots, such as in a pedo practice.
4. All NPs should be scheduled within a week, two weeks max.
5. Only allow well-trained employee(s) to schedule patients, especially NPs.
6. Keep a well organized morning huddle.
7. Have phone answered within three rings during business hours.
Kevin Tighe, Cambridge Dental Consultants, Senior Consultant, got bitten hard by the business and marketing bug during long summer days working at his dad's Madison Avenue ad agency. After joining Cambridge as a speaker in the mid-1990s, Kevin went on to become Cambridge’s senior consultant and eventually CEO. Cambridge Dental Consultants is a full-service dental practice management company offering customized dental office manuals. Frustrated? High overhead? Schedule a chat with Kevin at