- Create a Quality Control Survey. Sample below.
- When a patient completes all or part of their treatment ask them the questions on the Quality Control Survey or you can have them fill out the form themselves. You can even tell them it is being done as requested by your consultant or business advisor to find areas where the practice can improve customer service (true!).
- If you get negative feedback, thank them and assure the patient you will bring the matter to the attention of the office manager or doctor and, of course, make sure to do so at your next huddle.
- If the patient is happy show them a referral card.
- Ask the patient if there are any specific family or friends they’d like to refer. If so, write the name or initials of each person named, one card per referral.
- If the patient can’t think of anyone still give the patient cards if they want some.
- Keep a daily log of how many Quality Control Surveys are done.
- Include a couple paper referrals cards in any letters that go out such as statements.
- Always send a personally signed thank you note or card to any patient that refers a new patient. Include a couple referral cards. You can include, if you choose to, a nominal gift card ($10.00 - $25.00). You do not need to do so but, the personal thank you note, or card is a must.
- Overall, on a scale of 1 to 10, how would you rate your experience at our office?
- Is there some way we can change our office that would make your visits more enjoyable?
- Did you have to wait an excess amount of time before being seen?
- Were finances explained and was your bill what you expected?
- Were you treated courteously throughout the office?
- Based on your experiences, would you refer friends and family to our office?
Kevin Tighe, Cambridge Dental Consultants, Senior Consultant, got bitten hard by the business and marketing bug during long summer days working at his dad's Madison Avenue ad agency. After joining Cambridge as a speaker in the mid-1990s, Kevin went on to become Cambridge’s senior consultant and eventually CEO. Cambridge Dental Consultants is a full-service dental practice management company offering customized dental office manuals. Frustrated? High overhead? Schedule a chat with Kevin at